What March Taught Me

We all know that life doesn’t come with an instruction manual (wouldn’t it be so much easier if it did?!?), and, well I don’t know about you guys but I feel like I’m kind of winging this whole “life” situation, and just when I think I’ve gotten it nailed, I’ll learn a lesson [or be reminded of a lesson I’ve long since forgotten] that makes me realise there is still sooooooo much about life that I don’t know, some quite obvious things when I think about them!
Here are a few lessons that March taught me:
1. Saying goodbye to my family after a visit never gets any easier


2. The basics of how to fly an aeroplane


3. Nature really is stunning


4. Gozo has some of the best views I have ever seen


5. To shop around. I bought a dress from John Lewis which happened to be reduced from £179 down to £59. The exact same dress was on the House of Fraser website for the full price of £179. Call me naïve but it’s the first time I’ve experienced significant price differences on different websites for the same item!


6. That there is a grill on my oven and I now know how to use it!


7. There are 4 different power settings on the shower head in my bathroom


8. Who Griff Rhys Jones is (it wasn’t until the husband and I were sitting in our seats waiting for him to come on stage that I confessed I wasn’t sure who he was. And what’s worse was that the person I thought he was…..wasn’t !!)


9. I do not have an artistic bone in my body


10.The speed limit through St Peter’s Village is 20mph 

11.The best shop in Jersey is the one that sells white chocolate covered Oreos – the diet is doomed!!!
Laugh at myself moments


1.      It’s taken me almost 3 years to figure out numbers 6 & 7 above!!!!


Did March teach you anything? Or did you have any laugh at yourself moments? Fancy sharing them if you did? I’d love to hear from you.

xx

Comments

Popular Posts