You, Me and a Cup of Tea; Let’s Get Caught Up.


If we were to have a tea and cake date what would I tell you? Firstly I’d apologise for staying away for so long. The last time we caught up was June last year; that’s pretty bad isn’t it. But that’s totally my fault!

But once my apology was done and dusted and you had forgiven me (obviously you would forgive me for being so rubbish), I’d curl my feet up on the sofa we were sat at, cup my hands around my mug of tea and smile broadly as I told you that I was absolutely loving my life right now.

Since the last time we caught up let’s see…..I had a baby! Hands down that’s the most exciting thing that happened to me. But there are a few other, smaller, things that I got up to.

Let’s back pedal and start from where we left off. Buckle up because we're going back in time to May 2018 and heading off to Italy, via London.

I was super excited that I was finally going to visit the beautiful Peggy Porschen bakery in Belgravia and to sip tea and indulge in some of the gorgeous cakes and cookies that the brand is famous for. I never wanted to leave. It was just like the most delightful pink dream ever.





We went to Italy for just shy of a week to celebrate the wedding of some very special friends of ours. The olive farm we stayed at was gorgeous and the views over the Florence countryside were stunning.  






And that’s before I even tell you about the castle where the ceremony was held……just breath-taking. When you’re presented with views like that it kind of makes you a bit cross that the only camera you have is the one on your iPhone!














Plus I got to practice a bit of Italian which I really enjoyed. Heavens knows if what I was saying made sense but it sounded good! 

June 2018

An ordianation; we were thrilled when we were invited to see one of our neighbours, and friend, becoming ordained as a Deacon of the Catholic Church. A wonderful ceremony and, for me at least, a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Oh my goodness; this next one is one I am so proud of myself for. I participated in Jersey’s Island Walk which, as the name suggests, is a walk around Jersey. A gruelling 48.8 miles starting at 2am. 17 hours of walking Jersey’s coastline. It was brutal. But so rewarding when the finish line was in sight. Somehow, I had enough energy to run the last few yards! That could have had something to do with the glass of champagne my lovely neighbours handed to me on the home straight! I vowed that I would only ever attempt that challenge once, and I knew that I had no choice but to complete it at the first attempt if I was going to be able to tick it off my list. But now enough time has passed since I did the walk that I’m tentatively thinking abut doing it again in 2020. Let’s see how my knees and feet are after the joys of pregnancy shall we?












July 2018

In July we celebrated our anniversary with a trip to Les Ecrehous. That’s a small bunch of islands and rocks situated six miles northeast of Jersey.  A great rib ride there and back. It’s not uncommon for dolphins and seals to be spotted in the waters off Jersey but on this occasion we spotted neither. Oh well there’s always next time.















August and September 2018 

These were pretty quiet months to be honest. We had a few friends and family come to visit us. Oh and I found out I was pregnant and went for some early scans at the hospital. No biggie, right? 😊

October 2018

The biggest thing that happened in October was my 12 week scan. I don’t think I’ve ever been as nervous as I was on that day. Once the appointment was over I was so excited to tell my parents and sister but, annoyingly, they weren’t answering their phones. But my dad did answer and he was the first person to find out. It felt like it took hours for my mum and sister to see the million missed calls they had from me but eventually I spoke to them and told them my news 😊

November 2018

I took myself to London for a few days. And I must say I had a great time. I went to see Wicked at the theatre which was amazing. I’ll never see the Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz in the same light again having seen that musical. If you get the chance I’d definitely recommend seeing it.

There is a little ticket booth opposite the side entrance to Oxford Street tube station which always has great offers on tickets; I got my ticket on the day of the performance and paid roughly 50% of the normal price. I wasn’t fussed about what I saw so using them was a great way to secure a decently priced ticket for an amazing show. If you’ve got a specific show in mind, or there is a group of you, you might want to avoid using them in case they don’t have what you want/the number of tickets you want.

December 2018

Finally….it was time for my 20 week scan and if the baby was in the right position we’d find out if we were having a girl or a boy. I had convinced myself it was a boy so you can imagine my shock when the sonographer announced it was a girl. I was that convinced it was a boy that I even asked her if she was sure and what her accuracy rate was of right v wrong!

January 2019

January was a pretty eventful month but for all the wrong reasons. I won’t go into detail but it was a pretty rubbish way to kick off the new year. With a bit of a dark cloud hanging over us, we plodded on through the weeks and months with the arrival of Miss Petty getting closer and closer.

April 2019

By far the most exciting time of the year. Little did I know as we welcomed April, I would become a mummy that month. Despite a due date of early-mid May (9th) Miss Petty had other ideas and surprised everyone by making a mummy of me on 21 April with contractions starting on the morning of my baby shower and lasting the whole day! Thanks, sweetheart! 😊

Phew; so we’re pretty much all caught up (because let’s face it, between April and now not a lot has happened that doesn’t revolve around Sienna ha ha!)

A whole year of my life in a few short paragraphs!

So, now that I’ve come up for air, what have you lot all been up to? Anything exciting I’ve missed while I’ve been away? 😊

Comments

Popular Posts