Polyvore: My new best friend

Since I started this little blog (which I admit I have neglected shamefully) I have been very much of the "run before I can walk" school of thought. I would look through my favourite blogs and wonder, among many other things, how on earth some of them managed to create one of those picture-thingy-mi-bobs, which shows a whole outfit on one page. 

Well not only do I now know that they are called mood-boards, but I have finally found a website which lets me mood-board away my Sunday afternoon. Believe me, it is so incredibly easy to use. The website can be found by clicking here.

Have a look at the two boards I created this morning. They took me all of 5 minutes each:





As with most websites these days you have to create an account; but that involved nothing more than typing in your email address and choosing a password. After that you're good to start. 

Along the tool bar at the top of the screen you will see the option to "Create" which in turn gives you three other options of "Set, Collection, or Template". I created the above two boards using "Set". I am yet to find out what differences the other two options give you.

Once you've clicked "Set" it literally is just a case of clicking and dragging any items you on your board want by using the search function on the right-hand side. You can enlarge the images or make them smaller, you can rotate them, flip them, add text to your board.....you name it, you can do it. Sure, there may be things that hardcore, experienced mood-boarders would want to do that this website can't do, but for the novices out there this is definitely the place for you to be.

Now I don't know about you but where I'm at the sun is shining, the sea is calm and the wind is still (I have no doubt that it will be freezing outside!!) so it's time for me to drag on my Hunters and head down to the beach for a walk to clear away the cobwebs. 

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone and have fun Polyvore-ing. 

Love Kelly xXx

Comments

Popular Posts