What February Taught Me

We all know that life doesn’t come with an instruction manual (wouldn’t it be so much easier if it did?!?), and, well I don’t know about you guys but I feel like I’m kind of winging this whole “life” situation, and just when I think I’ve gotten it nailed, I’ll learn a lesson [or be reminded of a lesson I’ve long since forgotten] that makes me realise there is still sooooooo much about life that I don’t know, some quite obvious things when I think about them!
Here are a few lessons that February taught me:
  1. In the war against grey hair, I will never ever win. It’s taken me a long time to accept this fact but I think it’s a fact I can no longer deny……. I am officially feeling O.L.D!
  2. Nothing remotely bad happens by me not being on Facebook. I deleted the app from my phone on 5th February and so far, on 8th as I’m writing this, I haven’t missed it one little bit.
  3. Eating a Terry’s chocolate orange in one go makes me feel sick.
  4. I cannot turn up to a netball tournament not having played netball for years, and win, or even know the rules.
  5. Time with family is the best time of all.
  6. Children’s songs are really catchy; Baby Shark in particular. If you’re not familiar with it, you can listen to it here.
  7. Goodbyes never get any easier and I doubt they ever will.
Laugh at myself moments
  1. Looking at a friend’s picture on Instagram and I was amazed that she had found shop that sells white strawberries……it wasn’t until I looked at the whole picture that I realised it was a black and white shot!
  2. I was walking through town one Saturday morning when I realised that I still had the bits of tissue paper stuck to my leg that I’d put there after nicking myself whilst shaving! Not a great look, lol
Do you fancy sharing the lessons you learnt last month? Or divulging your Laugh at Me moments? I'd love to hear from you 😊

Comments

Popular Posts