Wow. Just wow

I don't think my life could be any more different to the last time I was on here......... I finished my secondment with my company's Jersey office, I entered myself into the Tesco Race for Life to raise money for Cancer Research UK, and then my husband and I moved to Jersey permanently!!!

The Race for Life was, without a doubt the hardest thing I've ever done. I don't run. End of. I don't run for the bus. I don't run for the train. I just don't do running. So to run 5K, in a decent time, was a challenge.  I was living in Jersey during my secondment when I entered the race and started my training there. Running - OK that's an exaggeration -  jogging and walking - along the beach was amazing. The view was gorgeous. The air was fresh. The people were friendly. 

I managed to raise a fantastic amount - just shy of £500 - and managed to attain a time I was, and still am, so proud of.  My time?? 31 minutes 48 seconds. I was over the moon because I only managed to "train" twice. 

Now I'm not really sure how this whole "upping sticks and moving to Jersey" malarky came about - sounds dumb I know - but it all seemed to just slot into place and before we knew it we were signing contracts and telling our parents we were moving. It was a crazy time and  very emotional

We've been here for just over a week and so far we are loving it. The commute is non-existent, the people are just lovely, we get to spend more time together, and life is much more laid back.

One of my gripes with Jersey when I was here earlier in the year on secondment was that nothing was open on Sundays...... Well somehow, given that nothing was open, I still managed to spend nigh-on £100 the day after we got here!!!!! ;-)

And this weekend wasn't much better from my debit card's point of view!!! But I am consoling myself with the fact that everything - well almost everything- was in a sale. The biggest catch was a gorgeous DKNY doctor style bag that I almost bought in May. It was originally priced at £190 and I found it reduced down to £95.Naturally I scooped it up - and the matching clutch bag down from £137 to £68.50!!!!!! I couldn't leave the clutch on the shelf now could I? ;-)

The other purchase I am swooning over is a gorgeous Hobbs jacket. Navy blue with cream edging and darling little bows........... Pictures to follow when I figure it how to ;-)

As for the other purchases, well the list just goes on - three dresses, another bag and a skirt.  My favourite shops in St Helier are, without a doubt, Voisins and De Gruchy. I can see myself spending a lot of my spare time in there :-)

So that's my life wrapped up since my last post.  There is a lot more I could say but it would be like information overload so I'll wrap up now. 

Much love,

Kelly xXx














Comments

Popular Posts