As I’m writing this the most amazing thing is happening; West Ham are currently beating Manchester United. Admittedly it’s only by one goal. And the game is still in its very early stages.  But as things stand we are beating the league leaders. And that is putting a huge smile on my face. Not least because my husband and dad are both at the game and there’s nothing I hate more than them getting home late after an evening match just to have been let down by their team. So come on West Ham, hold on for the next 60-odd minutes. You’ll make a lot of hammers very happy....... I think I spoke too soon – it’s 1-1 all now. Ah we’ll, it was good while it lasted.

So. Jersey. What can I say? If I had to use one word to describe this country it would have to be “stuck”. As in stuck in the 1990’s. As in the shops aren’t open on a  Sunday. As in the shops close at 5.30pm during the week and on a Saturday. As in Tax Returns are still completed by hand........ as in putting pen to paper.

I can’t really remember the last time I experienced any of those things to any great extent, so Jersey life is taking a lot of getting used to.

I don’t mean that in a disrespectful way to Jersey at all. It’s just so different to UK life where I’ve got anything I need virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Living here means that I need to be mega organised in terms of what I need food-wise. Because if I haven’t shopped for it by 5.30 on a Saturday evening then I’ve had it. Ok, ok that’s a slight exaggeration because there are some shops open on a Sunday but not with the hugest choice.

In a nutshell; I’m spoilt at home and I didn’t realise quite how much until my privileges were taken away from me. So I will definitely appreciate the late night shopping hours we are afforded when I'm home.

One thing that has been evident from the moment I moved into the corporate flat – I do not like living on my own and I am so pleased that I only have to do it during the week, for come the weekend I’m either flying back home for a couple of days or I have family coming out to visit me.

Reading this back it sounds like I’m having a good old fashioned moan. But I’m not honestly. Well that wasn’t my Intention anyway. But I’m a girl after all, and I am known to be partial to a little moan and groan every now and again ;-)

xXx

Comments

Popular Posts