As I was taking a break for lunch I was thinking about what I could write about. But as my little bit of cyber space is reserved for all things happy and pretty and cute and girly I was struggling to find something in my life right now that is any of those things because my life right now is work and Tax Returns – and they are neither happy, pretty, girly or cute……… but all that changed when I was on my way back from lunch. I saw a girl come out of her office and was totally surprised and thrilled by the guy leaning casually against her office building. He was obviously her boyfriend. And that little gesture of love, adoration and smitten-ness (I don’t know if that’s a word, but it can be today) of surprising her at lunch time really lifted my spirits.

Gestures of love don’t have to be expensive or extravagant, and today’s gesture reminded me that actions really do speak louder than words (or cash). I just wish the guy in the jewellers, who was about to buy a £1,000 necklace for someone, would realise that. Although to be fair, if I was the intended recipient of that necklace I’d be telling me to shut up with the “actions rather than diamonds” chat.

So girls let’s remember that it’s the little things in life that make it memorable and the big things just fill the gaps.

What's the cutest thing a guy has ever done for you? Or that you've done for a guy to show him how smitten you are?

xXx

Comments

Popular Posts